Juco QB throws for 796 yards, 9 TDs in loss
Mendocino College quarterback Trevor Taylor threw for 796 yards against the College of the Redwoods on Saturday only to see his team lose 69-66 on a touchdown pass with 5 seconds remaining.
UKIAH, Calif. -- Mendocino College quarterback Trevor Taylor's prolific passing game ended in a loss.
Taylor threw for 796 yards against the College of the Redwoods on Saturday only to see his team lose 69-66 on a touchdown pass with 5 seconds remaining. Taylor completed 38 of 52 passes and threw for nine touchdowns in the California Community College Athletic Association game.
The NCAA record for yards passing in a game is 731 held by Zamir Amin of Menlo College of California in a Division III game on Oct. 7, 2000, against Cal Lutheran. Houston's David Klingler has the FBS record of 716 in 1990 against Eastern Washington.
Redwoods quarterback Will Hissong went 39 for 54 for 573 yards and five touchdowns, including the game-winning 6-yard pass to Caleb Lomboy-Chavez.
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County 56 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 32 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos