Terps QB Brown, RB Ross out against Clemson
Maryland quarterback C.J. Brown won't play against No. 9 Clemson on Saturday because of the lasting effects of a concussion.
COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland quarterback C.J. Brown won't play against No. 9 Clemson on Saturday because of the lasting effects of a concussion.
Brown was among 24 players listed on Thursday's injury report.
Brown sustained the concussion on Oct. 5 against Florida State. The fifth-year senior returned last week against Wake Forest but was ineffective and pulled from the game in the second half.
He was replaced by Caleb Rowe, who will start against the Tigers.
Maryland also will be without leading rusher Brandon Ross, who's sidelined with a shoulder injury. Ross is averaging 5 yards a carry.
The Terrapins (5-2, 1-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) can become bowl eligible with an upset win over visiting Clemson (6-1, 4-1).
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 15 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment 56 min ago
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion 23 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Breezy And Mild!
8 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
20 min ago
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
15 min ago
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp....
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos