Virus keeps Gamecocks' Shaw on sideline
South Carolina starting quarterback Connor Shaw has missed practice this week due to the same virus that sidelined him at the beginning of last Saturday's win at Missouri.
South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier said Shaw missed Monday's practice and was unlikely to work out Tuesday as he recovers from the virus. He is questionable for Saturday's game against Mississippi State.
Shaw also was coming off a sprained knee when he entered the game against the Missouri in the third quarter and rallied the No. 14 Gamecocks (6-2, 4-2 SEC) from a 17-point deficit to a 27-24 double-overtime victory.
Shaw threw for 201 yards and three touchdowns, earning the SEC's offensive player of the week honors.
Spurrier says backup Dylan Thompson would start against Mississippi State (4-3, 1-2) if Shaw can't play.
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 28 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos