South Carolina QB Shaw returns to practice
South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw was back at practice Wednesday after missing time earlier this week because of a virus.
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw was back at practice Wednesday after missing time earlier this week because of a virus.
Quarterbacks coach G.A. Mangus said Shaw didn't take all the snaps, but looked healthy and was moving well. Mangus said he was prepping Shaw to start for the 14th-ranked Gamecocks (6-2, 4-2 Southeastern Conference) against Mississippi State (4-3, 1-2) Saturday.
Shaw did not start last Saturday night at No. 9 Missouri as he dealt with a knee sprain and the virus. However, he came in midway through the third quarter and threw three touchdown passes as South Carolina rallied from 17-points down to win 27-24 in double overtime.
Shaw missed practice Monday and Tuesday with the illness. He's passed for 1,508 yards with 14 touchdowns and one interception.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 42 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos