South Carolina QB Shaw returns to practice
South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw was back at practice Wednesday after missing time earlier this week because of a virus.
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw was back at practice Wednesday after missing time earlier this week because of a virus.
Quarterbacks coach G.A. Mangus said Shaw didn't take all the snaps, but looked healthy and was moving well. Mangus said he was prepping Shaw to start for the 14th-ranked Gamecocks (6-2, 4-2 Southeastern Conference) against Mississippi State (4-3, 1-2) Saturday.
Shaw did not start last Saturday night at No. 9 Missouri as he dealt with a knee sprain and the virus. However, he came in midway through the third quarter and threw three touchdown passes as South Carolina rallied from 17-points down to win 27-24 in double overtime.
Shaw missed practice Monday and Tuesday with the illness. He's passed for 1,508 yards with 14 touchdowns and one interception.
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos