Cuse to rely on punters after kicker suspended
Syracuse will rely on both its punters to handle placekicking dutes against Wake Forest on Saturday after starter Ryan Norton was suspended.
Coach Scott Shafer announced the one-game suspension in a statement. Norton was arrested last week and charged with resisting arrest and underage drinking, according to the Syracuse Post-Standard.
Dixon, the starting punter, will handle kickoffs. Both will handle field goal attempts. Neither has attempted a field goal in college.
Syracuse finds itself in this bind after veteran Ross Krautman, the starting kicker going into the season, was lost for the year with a hip injury after Week 2.
On the season, Norton has made four of five field goal attempts and 15 of 16 extra points.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos