Iowa dismisses linebacker Collins after arrest
Iowa reserve linebacker Marcus Collins has been kicked off the team after being charged with drunken driving.
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Iowa reserve linebacker Marcus Collins has been kicked off the team after being charged with drunken driving.
Collins was arrested early Friday by Iowa City police. He was charged with operating while under the influence and driving with a suspended or canceled license.
Collins, a native of Yeadon, Pa., played in six games this season. He made six tackles and forced a fumble playing primarily on special teams.
Coach Kirk Ferentz says Collins was already on a three-game suspension for undisclosed reasons.
The Hawkeyes face No. 22 Wisconsin on Saturday.
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos