Iowa dismisses linebacker Collins after arrest
Iowa reserve linebacker Marcus Collins has been kicked off the team after being charged with drunken driving.
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Iowa reserve linebacker Marcus Collins has been kicked off the team after being charged with drunken driving.
Collins was arrested early Friday by Iowa City police. He was charged with operating while under the influence and driving with a suspended or canceled license.
Collins, a native of Yeadon, Pa., played in six games this season. He made six tackles and forced a fumble playing primarily on special teams.
Coach Kirk Ferentz says Collins was already on a three-game suspension for undisclosed reasons.
The Hawkeyes face No. 22 Wisconsin on Saturday.
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos