Cal RB hospitalized after locker-room fight
Cal Golden Bears freshman running back Fabiano Hale was injured and taken to a hospital after a locker-room fight with a teammate last week, UC Berkeley police said Monday.
University police told the San Francisco Chronicle that Hale, an 18-year-old walk-on, suffered unspecified injuries and was taken to the Alta Bates Medical Center on Friday and released Saturday after a "one-on-one" altercation with a teammate. Police wouldn't identify the second player involved, what led to the fight or if charges might be filed.
"We know who the suspect is," Lt. Marc DeCoulode told the Chronicle.
Cal coach Sonny Dykes declined comment. The Golden Bears (1-8, 0-6 Pac-12) have lost 11 conference games in a row.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 30 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos