Brown: Horns hit 'home run' with AD hiring
Texas football coach Mack Brown says the university "hit a home run" by hiring Arizona State's Steve Patterson to be the new men's athletic director.
Patterson is scheduled to be introduced at a campus news conference in Austin on Thursday morning. Brown says he hasn't yet spoken with Patterson.
Patterson graduated from Texas and earned his law degree there. He succeeds DeLoss Dodds, who is retiring after 32 years. Brown says he's excited to have an athletic director who knows the campus and "the culture" of the university.
Brown's job future has been questioned after three sub-par seasons and a 1-2 start this year. The Longhorns are now on a five-game win streak and sit in first place in the Big 12.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos