Miss. St. QB Prescott plays mourning mom
Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott is expected to start at Texas A&M on Saturday. Prescott's mother, Peggy, was buried in Louisiana on Wednesday and Prescott returned to practice that night.
Prescott's mother died Sunday at 52 after a year-long bout with colon cancer.
Tyler Russell started for Mississippi State, but Prescott entered late in the first quarter and took the majority of the snaps in Mississippi State's 51-41 loss. He finished 15 of 27 for 158 yards with three touchdowns and an interception. He also ran for 154 yards on 16 carries.
Prescott wrote on Twitter on Saturday afternoon:
This week, Prescott changed his Twitter profile picture to a photo of him kissing his mother on the back of her head.
He also tweeted this week "Heaven gained an Angel" and "At Mississippi State we don't have fans, we have family."
Prescott told Mississippi Stat staffers that his mother had told him that if he did not attend practice after she died that she would haunt him.
Prescott, a sophomore, is Mississippi State's leading rusher with 558 yards and passer with 1,393 yards.
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos