Playoff selection panel terms expire by '18
The first meetings of the College Football Playoff selection committee ended Tuesday morning with terms for all 13 committee members set to expire by February 2018.
WASHINGTON -- The first meetings of the College Football Playoff selection committee ended Tuesday morning with terms for all 13 committee members set to expire by February 2018.
Four committee members -- Mike Gould, Pat Haden, Tom Osborne and Mike Tranghese -- will have terms that expire in February 2016.
Barry Alvarez, Oliver Luck, Archie Manning and Condoleezza Rice will serve on the committee through February 2017. And five members -- Tom Jernstedt, Jeff Long, Dan Radakovich, Steve Wieberg and Tyrone Willingham -- will have terms that last until February 2018.
The committee met Monday and Tuesday, but there were few heavy-hitting decisions made, as it was more of a chance for the members to get to know each other and begin to discuss how they are going to select the top four teams in the country next season.
On Monday, Long -- the committee chair and Arkansas athletic director -- said the group will reveal four interim rankings before the selection weekend next year. The members also have vowed to keep the process as public as possible.
"The first-ever meeting of the College Football Playoff selection committee covered a lot of ground and we're off to a strong start," Long said. "I'm very pleased with the progress we made on several issues that need to be settled, such as the criteria for selecting the four best teams, our recusal policy and several other matters. Of course, much more work remains to be done."
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 22 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 38 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 43 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 49 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 58 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
38 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
43 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila....
58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos