SWAC to make Grambling pay for forfeit
The Southwestern Athletic Conference announced on Wednesday that Grambling will face financial penalties after forfeiting its road game against Jackson State on Oct. 19.
The SWAC did not announce exact figures in its release but said the fine would be issued in accordance to the league's bylaws. Grambling spokesman Will Sutton has said previously that amount is $20,000. Grambling must also play at Jackson State the next three seasons.
Grambling's players staged a boycott of the Jackson State game because of issues that included rundown facilities, long bus trips to road games and personnel decisions.
The SWAC also said Grambling will pay Jackson State an undisclosed amount from its "future distribution amounts" to help Jackson State recoup lost money from the Oct. 19 cancellation.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 48 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos