Washington St. extends Leach through '18
Washington State has extended the contract of football coach Mike Leach for two years, ensuring he'll be at the helm through the 2018 season.
SPOKANE, Wash. -- Washington State has extended the contract of coach Mike Leach for two years through the 2018 season.
Athletic director Bill Moos made the announcement Monday.
Leach has led WSU to a 5-5 record (3-4 Pac-12) in his second season as the Cougars prepare for Saturday's game against Utah (4-6, 1-6) in Pullman.
That's the most victories for the Cougars at this point in a season since 2006. They have two games left.
The Cougars are one win shy of becoming bowl eligible. They have not played in the postseason since 2003.
Leach was hired prior to the 2012 season and he signed a five-year contract that paid more than $2.2 million per year, plus incentives. He is the highest-paid coach in university history.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 22 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos