Huskies may start freshman QB; Price iffy
Washington is preparing redshirt freshman quarterback Cyler Miles to make his first college start against Oregon State with the status of Keith Price uncertain.
Washington coach Steve Sarkisian said Monday the Huskies will prepare Miles to be the starter against the Beavers but are holding out hope that Price will be able to play.
Price injured his right (throwing) shoulder in the second quarter of last Friday's loss to No. 14 UCLA and was unable to return to the game.
Sarkisian said Price will not try to practice until Thursday, at which time the coach will decide on a starter.
"With what our medical team has done, in my opinion (they) have done a great job already identifying it," Sarkisian said. "The swelling is reducing rapidly. His movement is much better today than it was the last couple of days. So we'll see where he's at Thursday."
Sarkisian said there is no structural damage to Price's shoulder and that his ability to play will be largely based on pain tolerance and his ability to make all the necessary throws in practice Thursday. If Price is unable to go against the Beavers, he'll have a short turnaround with the Huskies (6-4, 3-4 Pac-12) hosting rival Washington State in the Apple Cup on Friday, Nov. 29.
"I don't count the guy out. He's a fighter, he's a competitor," Sarkisian said. "... Hopefully, we get him back. If not, I know he'll be the first guy there helping Cyler prepare and getting ready to play Saturday."
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 18 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos