6abc To Broadcast Premier Regional Event- Live Coverage of the Aberdeen Dad Vail Regatta, presented by Coca Cola
(Philadelphia, PA) - May 13th and 14th -- The Schuylkill River will become a raceway for The Aberdeen Dad Vail Regatta, presented by Coca Cola. This year, 6abc is proud to bring the region LIVE coverage of the finals on Saturday, May14th, from 1-5pm.
WATCH LIVE ONLINE @ ESPN3.com!
The Dad Vail is the largest collegiate regatta in the United States, with over 100 colleges and universities from the U.S. and Canada participating. Action News Sports Anchor Keith Russell will lead the coverage, along with commentators Jason Read, a former Temple rower and Olympic gold medal winner, and Liz Santaniello a former collegiate rower.
6abc's live broadcast will also include the return of the storied Gold Cup. Referred to as the Philadelphia Challenge Cup, it was commissioned by the Schuylkill Navy in 1920 to honor the undisputed world champion in the sport of single scull rowing. John B. Kelly, Sr. was the Cup's first recipient. But in the mid-1960s, the trophy disappeared, and was not rediscovered until 1996. 2011 marks the return of the long awaited Philadelphia Challenge Cup event, presented by Aberdeen Asset Management, as eight international champions (four men and four women) compete for their place in history.
6abc Action News is the #1 local news brand in the tri-state, and the undisputed news leader for the past 35 years. 6abc.com, the official website of Action News, is also the #1 local TV news website in the market.
WPVI-TV is the ABC-owned station serving the Delaware and Lehigh Valleys.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, dad vail regatta, sports
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 2 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ