Phillies agree to deals with Blanton, Victorino
PHILADELPHIA - January 21, 2010 -- A person familiar with negotiations says the Philadelphia Phillies and All-Star center fielder Shane Victorino have agreed to a $22 million, three-year contract.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal hasn't been announced. Victorino was eligible for arbitration.
Earlier Thursday, Joe Blanton agreed to a $24 million, three-year contract that avoided a salary arbitration hearing next month. The 29-year-old right-hander was 12-8 with a 4.05 ERA last year.
Victorino hit .292 with 39 doubles, 13 triples, 10 home runs, 62 RBIs and 25 stolen bases for the NL champions last season. He won his second consecutive Gold Glove.
philadelphia phillies, joe blanton, mlb
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 17 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 23 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 6 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 52 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 39 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos