Phillies agree to deals with Blanton, Victorino
PHILADELPHIA - January 21, 2010 -- A person familiar with negotiations says the Philadelphia Phillies and All-Star center fielder Shane Victorino have agreed to a $22 million, three-year contract.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal hasn't been announced. Victorino was eligible for arbitration.
Earlier Thursday, Joe Blanton agreed to a $24 million, three-year contract that avoided a salary arbitration hearing next month. The 29-year-old right-hander was 12-8 with a 4.05 ERA last year.
Victorino hit .292 with 39 doubles, 13 triples, 10 home runs, 62 RBIs and 25 stolen bases for the NL champions last season. He won his second consecutive Gold Glove.
philadelphia phillies, joe blanton, mlb
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 17 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 36 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 7 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos