Halladay throws complete game, Phils beat Astros
HOUSTON (AP) - April 11, 2010 -- Roy Halladay struck out eight in his first NL complete game, and the Philadelphia Phillies completed a sweep of the winless Houston Astros with a 2-1 victory Sunday.
Halladay (2-0) scattered seven hits and retired the last nine Astros in order. Acquired from Toronto in an offseason trade, the former AL Cy Young winner pitched his 50th career complete game and outdueled Roy Oswalt (0-2).
Houston dropped to 0-6. The two-time NL champion Phillies improved to 5-1.
Oswalt also struck out eight and allowed five hits in six innings, but lost for the first time in his last seven decisions against Philadelphia.
Jimmy Rollins led off the game with a home run. Philadelphia mustered only six hits, its first game under 10 hits this season.
philadelphia phillies, roy halladay, houston, mlb
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found 58 min ago
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 17 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- No charges for FSU's Jameis Winston 3 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's