Halladay throws complete game, Phils beat Astros
HOUSTON (AP) - April 11, 2010 -- Roy Halladay struck out eight in his first NL complete game, and the Philadelphia Phillies completed a sweep of the winless Houston Astros with a 2-1 victory Sunday.
Halladay (2-0) scattered seven hits and retired the last nine Astros in order. Acquired from Toronto in an offseason trade, the former AL Cy Young winner pitched his 50th career complete game and outdueled Roy Oswalt (0-2).
Houston dropped to 0-6. The two-time NL champion Phillies improved to 5-1.
Oswalt also struck out eight and allowed five hits in six innings, but lost for the first time in his last seven decisions against Philadelphia.
Jimmy Rollins led off the game with a home run. Philadelphia mustered only six hits, its first game under 10 hits this season.
philadelphia phillies, roy halladay, houston, mlb
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos