Police: Man vomited on girl, father at Phillies game
PHILADELPHIA - April 16, 2010 -- A New Jersey man is facing charges after police say he intentionally vomited on an 11-year-old girl in the stands during a Phillies game.
Twenty-one-year-old Matthew Clemmens of Cherry Hill, N.J., was arraigned early Friday morning on charges stemming from an incident during Wednesday night's Phillies-Nationals game.
Police say Clemmens began trying to make himself vomit on an off-duty police captain and his family after a companion was removed from the stadium for unruly behavior.
Easton police Capt. Michael Vangelo says he saw Clemmens put his fingers down his throat and throw up, hitting Vangelo and his 11-year-old daughter. Philadelphia police say Clemmens also punched Vangelo and vomited on an arresting officer.
Clemmens was in custody Friday morning on charges including assault and harassment. Bail was set at $12,000.
A phone number for Clemmens was disconnected Friday morning.
philadelphia phillies, mlb
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 1 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash 54 min ago
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
1 min ago
- Man mistaken for dead passes away
59 min ago