Braden says he isn't worthy of congratulating Doc
DETROIT (AP) - May 30, 2010 -- Dallas Braden doesn't feel that he's earned the right to welcome Roy Halladay to the perfect-game club.
Braden, who pitched his perfect game on May 9 against Tampa Bay, was at Oakland's team hotel in Detroit on Saturday night when he learned that Halladay had matched his feat.
The hotel didn't have the MLB Network, so Braden was watching a college softball game and preparing for Sunday afternoon's start. That's when he started getting text messages from his teammates letting him know about Halladay's performance against Florida.
Braden got a call of congratulations from Mark Buehrle, the previous pitcher to throw a perfect game, but he didn't feel qualified to call Halladay.
Said Braden: I don't think there's anything a guy like me can say to congratulate a star of his level."
philadelphia phillies, roy halladay, mlb
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos