Halladay to start NLCS Game 1 vs. Giants
PHILADELPHIA - October 14, 2010 (WPVI) -- Charlie Manuel isn't about to mess with success.
The Phillies' manager announced Thursday that Roy Hallday will start in Game 1 of the NLCS against the San Francisco Giants.
He'll be followed by Roy Oswalt in Game 2 and Cole Hamels in Game 3.
The Phillies' three aces have 11 All-Star games, one Cy Young Award, one NLCS MVP award, one World Series MVP award, one perfect game and one no-hitter on their impressive resumes.
Game 1 is Saturday night at Citizens Bank Park.
Halladay finished 21-10 with a 2.44 ERA in his first season in Philadelphia. He led the majors in wins, complete games (nine), shutouts (four) and innings (250 2-3).
Halladay threw a perfect game in May, and nearly matched that in his playoff debut. He tossed the second no-hitter in postseason history in Game 1 of the division series against Cincinnati.
The addition of Oswalt - he was acquired in a trade with Houston on July 29 - significantly bolstered the Phillies' rotation. The three-time All-Star was Philadelphia's best pitcher down the stretch, and Hamels turned his game up after Oswalt's arrival.
The Phillies finished sixth with a 3.67 ERA this season. They were sensational against the Reds, allowing the NL's best-hitting team to score just three earned runs in the franchise's first postseason sweep.
The Giants led the majors with a 3.36 ERA. They overmatched the injury-decimated Braves in the first round, posting a 1.66 ERA in four games, each decided by one run.
philadelphia phillies, roy halladay, roy oswalt, cole hamels, charlie manuel, mlb
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 15 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos