Phillies to add Kendrick, drop Dobbs
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - October 15, 2010 -- Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. says the team will add right-hander Kyle Kendrick to the 25-man roster for the NL championship series.
Kendrick will take utilityman Greg Dobbs' spot, giving Philadelphia 11 pitchers. The Phillies had 10 pitchers for the first-round series against Cincinnati.
Game 1 against San Francisco is Saturday night. Kendrick was 11-10 with a 4.73 ERA in 33 games, including 31 starts this season. Dobbs hit .196 with five homers and 15 RBIs in 163 at-bats.
The last spot came down to rookie Domonic Brown over Dobbs. Brown, the team's best prospect, batted .201 with two homers and 13 RBIs in 62 at-bats. Both are left-handed hitters, and Brown has more speed.
philadelphia phillies, mlb
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries 15 min ago
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 11 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.