Phillies to add Kendrick, drop Dobbs
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - October 15, 2010 -- Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. says the team will add right-hander Kyle Kendrick to the 25-man roster for the NL championship series.
Kendrick will take utilityman Greg Dobbs' spot, giving Philadelphia 11 pitchers. The Phillies had 10 pitchers for the first-round series against Cincinnati.
Game 1 against San Francisco is Saturday night. Kendrick was 11-10 with a 4.73 ERA in 33 games, including 31 starts this season. Dobbs hit .196 with five homers and 15 RBIs in 163 at-bats.
The last spot came down to rookie Domonic Brown over Dobbs. Brown, the team's best prospect, batted .201 with two homers and 13 RBIs in 62 at-bats. Both are left-handed hitters, and Brown has more speed.
philadelphia phillies, mlb
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire 24 min ago
- Winds Ease Overnight 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 38 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
19 min ago
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
24 min ago
- Trenton pastors make a stand against violence
16 min ago
- Millions heading to Rome as 2 popes become...
35 min ago