SF mayor bets Nutter on Giants series
DATELINE -- San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom is engaging in a friendly wager with his counterpart in Philadelphia, as the Giants get ready to take on the Phillies in the National League Championship Series.
Newsom and Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter have agreed that the losing team's mayor will don the winning team's cap at an event on or around Veterans Day.
Newsom won his bet with Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed after the Giants beat the Braves in the first round. Reed had to hoist the Giants' flag over Atlanta City Hall.
But the mayor's odds of winning this time appear slimmer. The Giants are considered significant underdogs against the Phillies, who finished with the best record in the majors this year.
philadelphia phillies, mlb
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Turning Milder 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 1 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed