SF mayor bets Nutter on Giants series
DATELINE -- San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom is engaging in a friendly wager with his counterpart in Philadelphia, as the Giants get ready to take on the Phillies in the National League Championship Series.
Newsom and Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter have agreed that the losing team's mayor will don the winning team's cap at an event on or around Veterans Day.
Newsom won his bet with Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed after the Giants beat the Braves in the first round. Reed had to hoist the Giants' flag over Atlanta City Hall.
But the mayor's odds of winning this time appear slimmer. The Giants are considered significant underdogs against the Phillies, who finished with the best record in the majors this year.
philadelphia phillies, mlb
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police