Phillies to offer arbitration to Jayson Werth
PHILADELPHIA - November 23, 2010 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned the Phillies will offer arbitration to free-agent outfielder Jayson Werth.
The deadline to do so was today. Werth has until November 30th to accept or decline.
That would lead to a hearing to be held to determine his salary for one year with the Phillies.
It would then open the door for negotiations for a long-term deal.
If he declines, the Phillies will be compensated with draft picks should he sign with another team.
This is a last-ditch effort to keep Werth. He is considered to be on of the highest rated free agents on the market.
Meanwhile, the Phillies on Tuesday decided not to offer arbitration to reliever Chad Durbin.
philadelphia phillies, mlb, keith russell
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 21 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 27 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
21 min ago