Phillies activate Oswalt from disabled list
ST. LOUIS - May 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Phillies activated pitcher Roy Oswalt from the 15-day disabled list and the right-hander is scheduled to start Tuesday night against the St. Louis Cardinals.
Oswalt, who is 3-1 with a 3.33 ERA in five starts, had been on the DL with lower back inflammation. He made one rehab start for Class A Clearwater, allowing three earned runs on seven hits in five innings with five strikeouts.
Oswalt will be on a pitch limit in his first start back. Manager Charlie Manuel said Monday the club preferred Oswalt build his endurance at the major league level.
Right-hander Vance Worley was optioned to Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
philadelphia phillies, roy oswalt, mlb
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 57 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced 11 min ago
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally