Dream comes true for young Phillies phan
PHILADELPHIA - May 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- It was a dream come true for a young Phillies phan and Action News got to tag along!
8-year-old Syron Jones of West Philadelphia suffers from leukemia.
He is also a huge fan of Ryan Howard.
Thanks to the Phillies and the "Kisses for Kyle" foundation Syron and his family made the trip to Citizens Bank Park in style on Monday night, arriving in a limousine.
Soon after arriving at the park, Syron met his hero!
"You're my favorite player," he told Ryan Howard while meeting with him on the field.
"I appreciate that. I'm going to go out here and see what I can do, try and make this come true for you," said Ryan.
Ryan didn't hit a home run but his teammates took care of that for him, Syron got to see three Phillies homers and a big victory!
The Phillies donated the tickets and provided access to the field for batting practice.
Syron summed it all up by saying "This is the awesomest night ever!"
philadelphia phillies, mlb, jamie apody
- Big fire burning beach homes in Sea Isle City 5 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City 12 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 7 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
5 min ago