Dream comes true for young Phillies phan
PHILADELPHIA - May 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- It was a dream come true for a young Phillies phan and Action News got to tag along!
8-year-old Syron Jones of West Philadelphia suffers from leukemia.
He is also a huge fan of Ryan Howard.
Thanks to the Phillies and the "Kisses for Kyle" foundation Syron and his family made the trip to Citizens Bank Park in style on Monday night, arriving in a limousine.
Soon after arriving at the park, Syron met his hero!
"You're my favorite player," he told Ryan Howard while meeting with him on the field.
"I appreciate that. I'm going to go out here and see what I can do, try and make this come true for you," said Ryan.
Ryan didn't hit a home run but his teammates took care of that for him, Syron got to see three Phillies homers and a big victory!
The Phillies donated the tickets and provided access to the field for batting practice.
Syron summed it all up by saying "This is the awesomest night ever!"
philadelphia phillies, mlb, jamie apody
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 59 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 40 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
59 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
40 min ago
- Dad ditches stroller to catch baseball, son...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos