Phillies place Oswalt on DL
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - June 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Phillies have placed right-hander Roy Oswalt on the 15-day disabled list with a back injury.
Reliever Scott Mathieson was recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley to replace Oswalt, who was sidelined with a back injury earlier this year.
Oswalt is 4-6 with a 3.79 ERA in 13 games. The three-time All-Star is 1-5 with a 4.06 ERA over his last eight starts.
In other moves, catcher Brian Schneider was activated from the disabled list and lefty J.C. Romero was given his unconditional release. Catcher Dane Sardinha was outrighted to Lehigh Valley to make room for Schneider.
philadelphia phillies, roy oswalt, mlb
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 27 min ago
- Record Warmth! 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 52 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 15 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Record Warmth!
13 min ago