Phillies place Oswalt on DL
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - June 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Phillies have placed right-hander Roy Oswalt on the 15-day disabled list with a back injury.
Reliever Scott Mathieson was recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley to replace Oswalt, who was sidelined with a back injury earlier this year.
Oswalt is 4-6 with a 3.79 ERA in 13 games. The three-time All-Star is 1-5 with a 4.06 ERA over his last eight starts.
In other moves, catcher Brian Schneider was activated from the disabled list and lefty J.C. Romero was given his unconditional release. Catcher Dane Sardinha was outrighted to Lehigh Valley to make room for Schneider.
philadelphia phillies, roy oswalt, mlb
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos