Rockies sign Moyer, 49, to minor league deal
DENVER (AP) - January 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jamie Moyer has agreed to terms on a minor league contract with an invite to the Colorado Rockies' spring training, pending a physical.
The 49-year-old lefty didn't play last season after undergoing Tommy John surgery on his throwing elbow.
Moyer has played 24 major league seasons, starting with the Chicago Cubs in 1986. He went 9-9 with a 4.84 ERA for Philadelphia in 2010.
Moyer is 267-204 with a 4.24 career ERA.
philadelphia phillies, jamie moyer, mlb
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 31 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 11 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 34 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 23 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford...
11 min ago
- Council approves 2 new Philadelphia hotels
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos