Phillies' fans prepare for new season
PHILADELPHIA - April 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Phillies fans are counting down to the start of the regular season this week.
The team is back in town, leaving camp a early for exhibition games at Citizens Bank Park on Monday and Tuesday
"I can't wait. I've been chomping at the bit," said Joseph Coniglio.
A chilly wind blew through Citizen's Bank Park on Monday afternoon but fans came prepared.
We found a woman who says she spent the offseason making a quilt.
"Rally towels from five different years, none of them are identical that I made into a quilt," she said.
How long did this take?
"Probably a couple of months," she said.
Former pitcher, Tommy Green, signed autographs in Ashburn Alley and fans lined up to get a little ink.
The excitement was definitely in the air. Fans are confident that injuries to Chase Utley and Ryan Howard won't dampen the enthusiasm.
"We are very psyched to be here. We will back in a couple of weeks for another game and we watch almost everyone one on TV," said fan Joanne Coniglio.
With the organization, its payroll, and recent history, the expectation of is a World Series title.
philadelphia phillies, mlb, chad pradelli
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 4 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem 52 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 39 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 45 min ago
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor