Pirates rally by Phillies 2-1 in 10 innings
PITTSBURGH (AP) - April 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Alex Presley singled home Mike McKenry with two outs in the bottom of the 10th to lift the Pittsburgh Pirates to a 2-1 win over the Philadelphia Phillies on Saturday night.
Rod Barajas, brought in by the Pirates in the offseason to provide some power, doubled off Philadelphia reliever Joe Blanton (0-1) leading off the inning and pinch-runner McKenry came home three batters later when Presley beat out an infield single.
Juan Cruz (1-0), a non-roster invitee to spring training, won in relief. Presley had two of Pittsburgh's six hits.
Shane Victorino and Placido Polanco had two hits apiece for Philadelphia. The Phillies got two baserunners in both the ninth and 10th innings but couldn't break through.
Cliff Lee gave up one run in six innings for Philadelphia.
philadelphia phillies, mlb
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos