Phillies promote RHP Rosenberg to replace Valdes
BALTIMORE - June 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Phillies have promoted B.J. Rosenberg from the minors, adding another right-hander to their bullpen.
The Phillies selected Rosenberg's contract from Triple-A Lehigh Valley before Saturday's game in Baltimore. Philadelphia sent lefty reliever Raul Valdes to their top affiliate after Friday night's win over the Orioles.
The 26-year-old Rosenberg was 1-0 with a 1.74 ERA in 11 games at Triple-A. He has not pitched in the big leagues.
Valdes was effective for the Phillies, going 2-0 with a 2.13 ERA in 11 games. Philadelphia manager Charlie Manuel had said he thought the 34-year-old Valdes could be back in the majors later this season.
philadelphia phillies, mlb
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos