Ryan Howard returning to Philly for testing
PHILADELPHIA - June 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ryan Howard is on his way back to Philadelphia as he continues his path back to the Philadelphia Phillies.
The Phillies announced Tuesday the first baseman will return to Philadelphia tomorrow for functional testing on his left Achilles.
If Howard passes testing, he will begin a rehabilitation assignment with single-A Lakewood on Thursday.
"If Ryan Howard starts his rehab assignment on Thursday in Lakewood NJ the Phillies 1B will be activated within 20 days barring a setback," Action News sports reporter Jeff Skversky tweeted Tuesday evening.
Meanwhile, Phillies also announced catcher Brian Schneider had an MRI today that revealed a high ankle sprain.
His expected recovery time is three to five weeks.
Schneider was placed on the 15-day disabled list yesterday after suffering the injury on Sunday against Tampa Bay.
philadelphia phillies, mlb
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd 1 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular 37 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud 33 min ago
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- Stormy to spectacular
37 min ago