Worley to have season-ending elbow surgery
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - August 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Phillies right-hander Vance Worley has been placed on the disabled list and will have elbow surgery next month.
Worley was shut down on Wednesday, a day after another subpar outing. The righty was 6-9 with a 4.20 ERA this year after going 11-3 with a 3.01 ERA as a rookie last year. He had a 5.80 ERA in 11 starts since July 3.
Righty Tyler Cloyd was called up from Triple-A Lehigh Valley to start in place of the ailing Cole Hamels against the Mets on Wednesday night. Cloyd would then take Worley's spot in the rotation.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 38 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
38 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos