Worley to have season-ending elbow surgery
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - August 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Phillies right-hander Vance Worley has been placed on the disabled list and will have elbow surgery next month.
Worley was shut down on Wednesday, a day after another subpar outing. The righty was 6-9 with a 4.20 ERA this year after going 11-3 with a 3.01 ERA as a rookie last year. He had a 5.80 ERA in 11 starts since July 3.
Righty Tyler Cloyd was called up from Triple-A Lehigh Valley to start in place of the ailing Cole Hamels against the Mets on Wednesday night. Cloyd would then take Worley's spot in the rotation.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 17 min ago
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized