Worley to have season-ending elbow surgery
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - August 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Phillies right-hander Vance Worley has been placed on the disabled list and will have elbow surgery next month.
Worley was shut down on Wednesday, a day after another subpar outing. The righty was 6-9 with a 4.20 ERA this year after going 11-3 with a 3.01 ERA as a rookie last year. He had a 5.80 ERA in 11 starts since July 3.
Righty Tyler Cloyd was called up from Triple-A Lehigh Valley to start in place of the ailing Cole Hamels against the Mets on Wednesday night. Cloyd would then take Worley's spot in the rotation.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 55 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Brisk And Cold
4 min ago