Lee, Rollins lead surging Phils to 7th win in row
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - September 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jimmy Rollins hit a two-run homer and Cliff Lee pitched seven strong innings to lead the streaking Philadelphia Phillies to their seventh straight win, 3-1 over the Miami Marlins on Wednesday.
The Phillies continued their late push for an NL wild-card spot with a three-game sweep of the Marlins. Up next for the Phillies, four games in Houston against the NL-worst Astros.
Philadelphia came in four games out of a playoff spot in the always-changing wild card standings. The Phillies (72-71) are on a season-high winning streak and have won 15 of 19 to move over .500 for the first time since they were 28-27 on June 3.
Rollins hit a two-run homer off Josh Johnson (8-12) in the seventh for a 3-1 lead.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 3 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 38 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 24 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 30 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply