Lee, Rollins lead surging Phils to 7th win in row
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - September 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jimmy Rollins hit a two-run homer and Cliff Lee pitched seven strong innings to lead the streaking Philadelphia Phillies to their seventh straight win, 3-1 over the Miami Marlins on Wednesday.
The Phillies continued their late push for an NL wild-card spot with a three-game sweep of the Marlins. Up next for the Phillies, four games in Houston against the NL-worst Astros.
Philadelphia came in four games out of a playoff spot in the always-changing wild card standings. The Phillies (72-71) are on a season-high winning streak and have won 15 of 19 to move over .500 for the first time since they were 28-27 on June 3.
Rollins hit a two-run homer off Josh Johnson (8-12) in the seventh for a 3-1 lead.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 29 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney 31 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 23 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
23 min ago
- Suspicious package found outside Planet...
31 min ago