Ryan Howard out of Phillies' line-up with broken toe
PHILADELPHIA - September 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Phillies slugger Ryan Howard is out of the line-up for Saturday night's game against the Florida Marlins.
The Phillies are reporting that Howard broke his toe Thursday night during the game with the Nationals. They believe a batting practice weight was dropped on his foot.
Howard did not play in Friday night's playoff eliminating game against the Marlins.
The Phillies are not confirming that he could be out for the remainder of the season, only saying that he could be eligible to play or possibly pinch hit.
The Phillies have five games left in the season.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ