Ryan Howard out of Phillies' line-up with broken toe
PHILADELPHIA - September 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Phillies slugger Ryan Howard is out of the line-up for Saturday night's game against the Florida Marlins.
The Phillies are reporting that Howard broke his toe Thursday night during the game with the Nationals. They believe a batting practice weight was dropped on his foot.
Howard did not play in Friday night's playoff eliminating game against the Marlins.
The Phillies are not confirming that he could be out for the remainder of the season, only saying that he could be eligible to play or possibly pinch hit.
The Phillies have five games left in the season.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 38 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 2 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar shooting 6 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Sunny, blustery winds today
50 min ago
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
38 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar...
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos