Ryan Howard out of Phillies' line-up with broken toe
PHILADELPHIA - September 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Phillies slugger Ryan Howard is out of the line-up for Saturday night's game against the Florida Marlins.
The Phillies are reporting that Howard broke his toe Thursday night during the game with the Nationals. They believe a batting practice weight was dropped on his foot.
Howard did not play in Friday night's playoff eliminating game against the Marlins.
The Phillies are not confirming that he could be out for the remainder of the season, only saying that he could be eligible to play or possibly pinch hit.
The Phillies have five games left in the season.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed