Phillies officially sign RHP Chad Durbin
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Reliever Chad Durbin and the Phillies have finalized a $1 million, one-year contract.
Durbin gets an $850,000 salary this year under Tuesday's agreement, and the Phillies have a $1.5 million option for 2014 with a $250,000 buyout.
The 34-year-old right-hander was 4-1 with a 3.10 ERA and one save in a career-high 76 games for Atlanta last season. He returns to Philadelphia, where he was 5-4 with a career-best 2.87 ERA for the 2008 World Series champions.
Durbin left Philadelphia after the 2010 season, had a 5.53 ERA in Cleveland in 2011 and then joined the Braves. He is 42-47 with a 4.95 ERA in 440 games over 13 seasons with six big league teams.
Durbin can earn $200,000 in performance bonuses for games pitched: $50,000 each for 55, 60, 65 and 70. He also can make $150,000 based on innings: $50,000 each for 70, 75 and 80.
To make room on their 40-man roster, the Phillies designated righty J.C. Ramirez for assignment.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 25 min ago