Phillies officially sign RHP Chad Durbin
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Reliever Chad Durbin and the Phillies have finalized a $1 million, one-year contract.
Durbin gets an $850,000 salary this year under Tuesday's agreement, and the Phillies have a $1.5 million option for 2014 with a $250,000 buyout.
The 34-year-old right-hander was 4-1 with a 3.10 ERA and one save in a career-high 76 games for Atlanta last season. He returns to Philadelphia, where he was 5-4 with a career-best 2.87 ERA for the 2008 World Series champions.
Durbin left Philadelphia after the 2010 season, had a 5.53 ERA in Cleveland in 2011 and then joined the Braves. He is 42-47 with a 4.95 ERA in 440 games over 13 seasons with six big league teams.
Durbin can earn $200,000 in performance bonuses for games pitched: $50,000 each for 55, 60, 65 and 70. He also can make $150,000 based on innings: $50,000 each for 70, 75 and 80.
To make room on their 40-man roster, the Phillies designated righty J.C. Ramirez for assignment.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 45 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 50 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
45 min ago
- Kevin Grow suits up with Harlem Globetrotters
56 min ago
- Milder Monday
48 min ago