Phillies officially sign RHP Chad Durbin
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Reliever Chad Durbin and the Phillies have finalized a $1 million, one-year contract.
Durbin gets an $850,000 salary this year under Tuesday's agreement, and the Phillies have a $1.5 million option for 2014 with a $250,000 buyout.
The 34-year-old right-hander was 4-1 with a 3.10 ERA and one save in a career-high 76 games for Atlanta last season. He returns to Philadelphia, where he was 5-4 with a career-best 2.87 ERA for the 2008 World Series champions.
Durbin left Philadelphia after the 2010 season, had a 5.53 ERA in Cleveland in 2011 and then joined the Braves. He is 42-47 with a 4.95 ERA in 440 games over 13 seasons with six big league teams.
Durbin can earn $200,000 in performance bonuses for games pitched: $50,000 each for 55, 60, 65 and 70. He also can make $150,000 based on innings: $50,000 each for 70, 75 and 80.
To make room on their 40-man roster, the Phillies designated righty J.C. Ramirez for assignment.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 35 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder