Phillies trade RHP Schwimer to Blue Jays
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - February 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Phillies have traded reliever Michael Schwimer to the Toronto Blue Jays for minor league first baseman Art Charles.
Toronto announced the deal Saturday.
The 27-year-old Schwimer was 2-1 with a 4.46 ERA in 35 games for the Phillies last season. The 6-foot-8 right-hander has made 47 relief appearances in the majors.
The 22-year-old Charles has not played above Class A.
Toronto also transferred left-hander Luis Perez to the 60-day disabled list.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 25 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 25 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
3 min ago