Cliff Lee sharp in Phils 10-1 loss
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Cliff Lee looked sharp in his spring debut for Philadelphia and Miguel Cabrera homered again for the Detroit Tigers in a 10-1 win Monday over the Phillies.
Lee pitched two hitless innings and struck out his final two batters. The former Cy Young Award winner had only one blemish, a walk to Cabrera in the first.
Cabrera, the reigning American League MVP and Triple Crown winner, launched a booming, three-run homer off closer Jonathan Papelbon in a six-run fifth inning. It was Cabrera's second home run this spring.
Papelbon struggled in his first action of the spring. The five-time All-Star faced nine batters in the fifth inning and retired just two before being pulled. Nick Castellanos also homered off Papelbon.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 24 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 39 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ