Cliff Lee sharp in Phils 10-1 loss
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Cliff Lee looked sharp in his spring debut for Philadelphia and Miguel Cabrera homered again for the Detroit Tigers in a 10-1 win Monday over the Phillies.
Lee pitched two hitless innings and struck out his final two batters. The former Cy Young Award winner had only one blemish, a walk to Cabrera in the first.
Cabrera, the reigning American League MVP and Triple Crown winner, launched a booming, three-run homer off closer Jonathan Papelbon in a six-run fifth inning. It was Cabrera's second home run this spring.
Papelbon struggled in his first action of the spring. The five-time All-Star faced nine batters in the fifth inning and retired just two before being pulled. Nick Castellanos also homered off Papelbon.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 9 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights 50 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 34 min ago
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County 8 min ago
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 10 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote 17 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
34 min ago