Cliff Lee sharp in Phils 10-1 loss
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Cliff Lee looked sharp in his spring debut for Philadelphia and Miguel Cabrera homered again for the Detroit Tigers in a 10-1 win Monday over the Phillies.
Lee pitched two hitless innings and struck out his final two batters. The former Cy Young Award winner had only one blemish, a walk to Cabrera in the first.
Cabrera, the reigning American League MVP and Triple Crown winner, launched a booming, three-run homer off closer Jonathan Papelbon in a six-run fifth inning. It was Cabrera's second home run this spring.
Papelbon struggled in his first action of the spring. The five-time All-Star faced nine batters in the fifth inning and retired just two before being pulled. Nick Castellanos also homered off Papelbon.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 29 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 16 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape