Cliff Lee sharp in Phils 10-1 loss
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Cliff Lee looked sharp in his spring debut for Philadelphia and Miguel Cabrera homered again for the Detroit Tigers in a 10-1 win Monday over the Phillies.
Lee pitched two hitless innings and struck out his final two batters. The former Cy Young Award winner had only one blemish, a walk to Cabrera in the first.
Cabrera, the reigning American League MVP and Triple Crown winner, launched a booming, three-run homer off closer Jonathan Papelbon in a six-run fifth inning. It was Cabrera's second home run this spring.
Papelbon struggled in his first action of the spring. The five-time All-Star faced nine batters in the fifth inning and retired just two before being pulled. Nick Castellanos also homered off Papelbon.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run