Brown hits 2nd spring HR, Phillies beat Yankees
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - February 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Domonic Brown and Tommy Joseph hit long home runs in the seventh inning and the Philadelphia Phillies rallied past the New York Yankees 4-3 Tuesday for their first win of the exhibition season.
Brown connected off Zach Nuding, sending his second home run this spring over the batter's eye in center field. Brown is competing for the left field vacancy.
Joseph, a catcher considered by some as the Phillies' current top hitting prospect, sent a two-run drive deep over the left-field fence. He was acquired from San Francisco last summer in the trade for Hunter Pence.
Ichiro Suzuki went 3 for 3 to lead the Yankees. He legged out an infield single, stole second and scored on Mark Teixeira's double in the first inning off Kyle Kendrick.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 24 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse 42 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed