Dominican team defeat Phillies 15-2
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - March 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Jose Reyes, Hanley Ramirez and the Dominican Republic put on a relentless offensive display in their first exhibition game ahead of the World Baseball Classic, amassing 28 hits in a 15-2 romp over Cole Hamels and the Philadelphia Phillies.
Reyes led off the game with a single and the Dominican Republic team never let up, roughing up Hamels for 12 hits and eight runs in 2 2-3 innings, his third start of spring training.
Reyes, Robinson Cano and Ramirez each homered. Ramirez and Miguel Tejada had four hits apiece for the Dominican team. Cano had three hits and three RBIs and Edwin Encarnacion also had three hits.
Dominican right-hander Samuel Deduno allowed one run on three hits. Deduno struck out three and didn't walk a batter.
Laynce Nix hit his first home run of the spring for the Phillies.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 30 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball