Dominican team defeat Phillies 15-2
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - March 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Jose Reyes, Hanley Ramirez and the Dominican Republic put on a relentless offensive display in their first exhibition game ahead of the World Baseball Classic, amassing 28 hits in a 15-2 romp over Cole Hamels and the Philadelphia Phillies.
Reyes led off the game with a single and the Dominican Republic team never let up, roughing up Hamels for 12 hits and eight runs in 2 2-3 innings, his third start of spring training.
Reyes, Robinson Cano and Ramirez each homered. Ramirez and Miguel Tejada had four hits apiece for the Dominican team. Cano had three hits and three RBIs and Edwin Encarnacion also had three hits.
Dominican right-hander Samuel Deduno allowed one run on three hits. Deduno struck out three and didn't walk a batter.
Laynce Nix hit his first home run of the spring for the Phillies.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 2 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 11 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
2 min ago