Tigers rough up Halladay, beat Phillies
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - March 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Ramon Santiago hit a grand slam and Don Kelly also homered off Roy Halladay, leading the Detroit Tigers to a 10-6 win over the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday.
Detroit starter Drew Smyly allowed three runs - two earned - and five hits in 3 1-3 innings, and Brayan Pena also went deep.
Chase Utley hit his first homer of the spring for the Phillies.
The Tigers roughed up the Halladay for seven runs in 2 2-3 innings. The two-time Cy Young Award winner allowed six hits and walked four in his poorest outing this spring. He came in with a 2.16 ERA in three starts.
Halladay is coming off an injury-plagued year in which he had his fewest wins (11) since 2004 and the second-worst ERA (4.49) in his career.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 16 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire