Tigers rough up Halladay, beat Phillies
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - March 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Ramon Santiago hit a grand slam and Don Kelly also homered off Roy Halladay, leading the Detroit Tigers to a 10-6 win over the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday.
Detroit starter Drew Smyly allowed three runs - two earned - and five hits in 3 1-3 innings, and Brayan Pena also went deep.
Chase Utley hit his first homer of the spring for the Phillies.
The Tigers roughed up the Halladay for seven runs in 2 2-3 innings. The two-time Cy Young Award winner allowed six hits and walked four in his poorest outing this spring. He came in with a 2.16 ERA in three starts.
Halladay is coming off an injury-plagued year in which he had his fewest wins (11) since 2004 and the second-worst ERA (4.49) in his career.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 39 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del.... 39 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape