Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - May 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Phillies have placed five-time All-Star second baseman Chase Utley on the 15-day disabled list with an oblique strain.
Utley could miss up to four weeks. The team will make a roster move before Friday's game at Washington.
"We do believe and hope that Chase will be ready to play in Philadelphia within 15 days," general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said. "We are being cautious with this injury as it is a tricky one and want to make sure it isn't an issue for him throughout the season."
Utley is batting .272 with seven homers and 25 RBIs. Freddy Galvis has replaced him in the starting lineup.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- London theater partially collapses during performance 10 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 27 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos