Phillies place C Kratz on DL
MILWAUKEE (AP) - June 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Phillies have placed catcher Erik Kratz on the 15-day disabled list with a left knee injury.
The team filled his spot on the roster Sunday by promoting catcher Steven Lerud from Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
Kratz was hurt while running to first in the ninth inning in Saturday's 4-3 loss to the Brewers. Manage Charlie Manuel said "Kratz heard his knee pop. It's not good."
Kratz was hitting .229 with eight home runs and 22 RBIs in 43 games.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth! 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Record Warmth!
26 min ago