Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz has been activated from the disabled list.
Ruiz, an All-Star last year, was sidelined with a hamstring injury.
To make room for Ruiz, catcher Stephen Lerud was sent to Triple-A Lehigh Valley before Philadelphia's game against Washington on Tuesday.
Ruiz has played in 16 games and is hitting .235 with two RBIs.
He was suspended the first 25 games for using a banned amphetamine.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 31 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos