Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz has been activated from the disabled list.
Ruiz, an All-Star last year, was sidelined with a hamstring injury.
To make room for Ruiz, catcher Stephen Lerud was sent to Triple-A Lehigh Valley before Philadelphia's game against Washington on Tuesday.
Ruiz has played in 16 games and is hitting .235 with two RBIs.
He was suspended the first 25 games for using a banned amphetamine.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 46 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 27 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million