Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz has been activated from the disabled list.
Ruiz, an All-Star last year, was sidelined with a hamstring injury.
To make room for Ruiz, catcher Stephen Lerud was sent to Triple-A Lehigh Valley before Philadelphia's game against Washington on Tuesday.
Ruiz has played in 16 games and is hitting .235 with two RBIs.
He was suspended the first 25 games for using a banned amphetamine.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 12 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 35 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
35 min ago