Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
PHILADELPHIA - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz has been activated from the disabled list.
Ruiz, an All-Star last year, was sidelined with a hamstring injury.
To make room for Ruiz, catcher Stephen Lerud was sent to Triple-A Lehigh Valley before Philadelphia's game against Washington on Tuesday.
Ruiz has played in 16 games and is hitting .235 with two RBIs.
He was suspended the first 25 games for using a banned amphetamine.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police