Source: Darren Daulton in ICU, one tumor inoperable
PHILADELPHIA - June 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's a shocking revelation that leaves Philadelphia Phillies fans very concerned for a man whose very name conjures up great memories of 1993.
Darren Daulton has revealed that he has two brain tumors.
Action News has learned the 51-year-old former Phillies catcher is in intensive care in the hospital and one of the tumors is said to be inoperable.
Dutch hadn't been feeling well the past couple weeks, went to the doctor, and the tumors were discovered.
Surgery is scheduled for early next week to remove the other tumor.
Action News is told Daulton is in great spirits.
Phillies President David Montgomery issued the following statement on behalf of the team:
"We're saddened by the news about Darren. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family at this time. We, along with our fans, are praying for a full recovery."
A 3-time All Star, Daulton played 14½ of his 15 seasons with the Phillies and was a key part of the NL championship team in 1993. He finished his career with the 1997 World Series champion Florida Marlins.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 3 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Florida Rep. Radel returns from rehab
36 min ago