Marlins over Phillies 3-2
MIAMI (AP) - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Adeiny Hechavarria drove in three runs, including a go-ahead run in the eighth inning, to help the Miami Marlins to a 3-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday night.
Hechavarria hit a two-run triple in the second before driving in the run that made it 3-2 on a fielder's choice.
Justin Ruggiano walked and Placido Polanco singled for his third hit in the eighth off Ethan Martin (2-5) before Hechavarria hit a grounder to shortstop Jimmy Rollins, whose throw went wide of catcher Carlos Ruiz allowing Ruggiano to slide in safely.
Steve Cishek pitched the ninth for his 33rd save in 35 chances. It was Cishek's 28th consecutive save setting the team record previously held by Todd Jones in 2005.
Chad Qualls (5-2) got the final out in the eighth to earn the victory.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 26 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action 25 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
25 min ago