Marlins over Phillies 3-2
MIAMI (AP) - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Adeiny Hechavarria drove in three runs, including a go-ahead run in the eighth inning, to help the Miami Marlins to a 3-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday night.
Hechavarria hit a two-run triple in the second before driving in the run that made it 3-2 on a fielder's choice.
Justin Ruggiano walked and Placido Polanco singled for his third hit in the eighth off Ethan Martin (2-5) before Hechavarria hit a grounder to shortstop Jimmy Rollins, whose throw went wide of catcher Carlos Ruiz allowing Ruggiano to slide in safely.
Steve Cishek pitched the ninth for his 33rd save in 35 chances. It was Cishek's 28th consecutive save setting the team record previously held by Todd Jones in 2005.
Chad Qualls (5-2) got the final out in the eighth to earn the victory.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run