Marlins over Phillies 3-2
MIAMI (AP) - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Adeiny Hechavarria drove in three runs, including a go-ahead run in the eighth inning, to help the Miami Marlins to a 3-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday night.
Hechavarria hit a two-run triple in the second before driving in the run that made it 3-2 on a fielder's choice.
Justin Ruggiano walked and Placido Polanco singled for his third hit in the eighth off Ethan Martin (2-5) before Hechavarria hit a grounder to shortstop Jimmy Rollins, whose throw went wide of catcher Carlos Ruiz allowing Ruggiano to slide in safely.
Steve Cishek pitched the ninth for his 33rd save in 35 chances. It was Cishek's 28th consecutive save setting the team record previously held by Todd Jones in 2005.
Chad Qualls (5-2) got the final out in the eighth to earn the victory.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 33 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 21 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!