Jamie Moyer, Matt Stairs join Phillies broadcast team
PHILADELPHIA - February 11, 2014 (WPVI) -- Two members of the Philadelphia Phillies 2008 World Series Championship team will be joining the broadcast booth this season.
Comcast announced on Tuesday Jamie Moyer and Matt Stairs as the newest members to the Phillies commentating team.
Moyer and Stairs will be part of 100 of the Phillies 162 televised games. Tom McCarthy and Gregg Murphy round out the television broadcast crew.
Jamie Moyer grew up in Souderton, Montgomery County and attended Saint Joseph's University. He played 26 seasons of Major League Baseball, earning 269 wins.
Matt Stairs may be best known for his homerun during the 2008 NLCS that helped send the Phils to the World Series. That homerun was one of the 265 he hit during his 19 season career.
Moyer and Stairs are filling the roles left vacant after the departures of Chris Wheeler and Gary Matthews last month.
Wheeler spent nearly four decades in the booth, much of that time was alongside Hall of Fame broadcaster Harry Kalas.
Matthews was a member of the broadcasting team for the past seven seasons. He was also a 1983 NLCS MVP with the Phillies.
The decision to replace Wheeler and Matthews came from the network, according to multiple AP sources.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
philadelphia phillies, cliff lee, jimmy rollins, charlie manuel, chase utley, mlb
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 20 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
20 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos