Rays' Beckham tears ACL, needs surgery
Tampa Bay Rays infielder Tim Beckham is expected to miss at least a portion of next season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
The No. 1 pick in the 2008 baseball draft was injured during an offseason workout and will require surgery.
Beckham made his major league debut in September after batting .276 with four homers and 51 RBIs at Triple-A Durham. The 23-year-old appeared in five games for the Rays, going 3 for 7 and driving in one run.
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 39 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 20 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos