Red Sox's Victorino has surgery on thumb
Red Sox right fielder Shane Victorino has undergone surgery to release a nerve in his right thumb.
BOSTON -- Red Sox right fielder Shane Victorino has undergone surgery to release a nerve in his right thumb.
Boston said Dr. Thomas Graham operated in Cleveland and that Victorino is expected to be ready to participate in spring training.
Victorino hit .294 with 15 homers, 61 RBIs and 21 stolen bases in his first season with the Red Sox, and his three-run double off the Green Monster sparked the Red Sox to their Game 6 win over St. Louis and their third World Series title in 10 seasons.
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 35 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 18 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 55 min ago
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 21 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos