Red Sox's Victorino has surgery on thumb
Red Sox right fielder Shane Victorino has undergone surgery to release a nerve in his right thumb.
BOSTON -- Red Sox right fielder Shane Victorino has undergone surgery to release a nerve in his right thumb.
Boston said Dr. Thomas Graham operated in Cleveland and that Victorino is expected to be ready to participate in spring training.
Victorino hit .294 with 15 homers, 61 RBIs and 21 stolen bases in his first season with the Red Sox, and his three-run double off the Green Monster sparked the Red Sox to their Game 6 win over St. Louis and their third World Series title in 10 seasons.
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 23 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 3 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 19 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 21 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 17 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos